In Which I Throw My Healthy Desires Out With The Bathwater (A Post For Joelf)

Yesterday I went on a little binge.

oh hell yeah
yeah there's 2 scoops of ice cream and some caramel sauce under that stuff

About three hours after that mess, I went out with The Jellos. We decided to go the The Gypsy. There seems to be about three different types of people who will patronize The Gypsy: the barely 21 year olds looking for a good time, the 30 to 40 somethings who want to believe they can still have a good time like they used to in their 20's, and the single 30 to 40 year old men looking for a good time with those barely 21 year olds.

I guess we'd fall into the middle category, even though I'm sure Cookie would heartily disagree. She'd say we were the only normal people in the building.

Of course, once you see what we ordered to drink, you'll see that we really did fit in with the 30 somethings looking to relive their glory days:

bowl o' goodness
this is just to get you ready...

Yes, we ordered a freaking fishbowl of alcohol, juice, and what-have-you.

pretending we're barely 21
its all downhill from here

After finishing off this tribute to Forever 21, Cookie and I ordered a round of individually-portioned drinks, like the big girls.

I don't know, maybe it was because she and I are turning 33 this year, maybe because the dreary winters have gotten to us, maybe because we are still secretly the lushes we were in undergrad, who knows. But it was fun. And no one threw up, or had a hysterical fit, or lost their wallet, clothes, or dignity. So, all in all, not so bad.

And if you don't count my stuffy nose and itchy eyes, I feel fine today!

Comments

  1. See, I told you its the Drunken Debauchery that gets us everytime... Of course the real question did you finish that drink off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/4/06 13:21

    Do you know Jen? Of course she finished her drink! There's no point in wasting. Thanks for the blog entry Jen; I feel like I was almost there.... Love you!
    Joelfre

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are welcome, joelf. did you see the other pics on the flickr page? lisa shoved one of those plastic monkeys in her ear piercing. after it got all inflamed and hot she took it out and tried to shove it in her other ear to even out the sensation. jeremy took it away from her, but we later caught her sneaking another one into her ear. gotta love that woman. wish you were there to help us make fun of her...in a loving way of course. love you too homie!

    chupa: of COURSE we finished that drink! we almost got another one, but decided it would be cheaper to buy our own. and, i had to drive myself home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts