I Love Foreign Languages

Wow! I was checking out the sitemeter to see who's been coming around my blog, and somebody from Libyan Arab Jamahiriya checked out my blog today. This person had googled "microbiological of cake filled cream" which in and of itself is kinda....funky.

But the real reason why I even mention it is this. It's my blog, poorly translated into Arabic! That is C O O L.

So of course, I decide to use babelfish to translate my blog into Russian. For those of you who don't know, I was a Russian major waaaaay back in undergrad. I have forgotten SO MUCH Russian since then, as I decided I didn't want to be a translator/interpreter like I thought I did, and so my blog translated into Russian delights me very much, but I can't really read it critically (but yes, I CAN read cyrillic) and say whether or not the translation is any good. (But we can assume it is a poor translation.)

Whew. That was one long, run-on, poorly constructed sentence.

(6/15) I CAN say that the title of my post is incorrect. It should say (in cryllic), "Vot On." What they have is a literal translation (of course--it is a web translator, not a person). No wonder it looked wierd to me. See, I'm still smart.

Anyway, I am now going to have fun translating my blog into many different languages, as I love languages, and I really loved being almost fluent in Russian ten years ago.

I could talk smack about most people around me and they never knew.

Comments

Popular Posts