Fabulous Carroty (Cup)cakes

gluten free carrot cupcake

My roommate was a little disappointed I left the rest of the carrot cake with our friends. She really wanted to have some more, so she asked if we could make another batch of carrot cake, but this time as cupcakes. We had a time limit, as she was planning to do a cleansing fast over the weekend.

We decided that it would be a good thing, because this way we could experiment with the cinnamon, which we feel the original recipe didn't have enough of.

So when I found out last Wednesday that my clients were going into the hospital that night to be induced, I knew that Thursday was my last chance to bake carrot cupcakes before my roomie went on her cleanse.

March 15, 2007
Name of cupcake: Fabulous Spicy Carroty Cupcakes
Occasion: It's Like The Fat Tuesday To My Roommate's Cleanse
Constituents: Fabulous Carroty Cake with more cinnamon and add cardamom

There really isn't much to say about this bakeapade.

Except there is a lot of preparation required for this cake. You gotta toast and chop the nuts. You gotta toast the coconut. Grate the carrots. Measure out all the ingredients.

It doesn't seem like a lot, but it is a lot.

We added 3 tsp of Vietnamese cinnamon and one teaspoon of freshly ground cardamom.

Excellent. I think that should be a permanent change.

We also decided not to frost all the cupcakes outright, this way if one wanted to eat them for breakfast, they could be like little muffins, but if one wanted a cupcake for dessert she could frost it with cream cheese frosting (defrosted from the oscar cupcakes) and go to town, and add some leftover toasted coconut, and maybe a toasted pecan.

Good times.

gluten free carrot cupcake

Comments

Popular Posts