Okay, How Cool Is This?

Yesterday I lazily checked my yahoo mail, not expecting anything, and there it was: a new message from someone I didn't know!

It was from this awesome mom who was looking for a cake idea for her son's birthday and came across my blog. She found the post I wrote last year about Cookie's birthday cake.

Take a gander:
Subject: The most yummy Strawberry CAKE!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
To: evilcakelady[at]yahoo[dot]com
Date: Saturday, March 15, 2008, 10:47 PM

I have to say a big thank you to you. My son saw your cake and wanted to have a strawberry cake for his birthday. He loves strawberries and wanted to have a cake with them so that started our internet search and we found you.

Here is a few pics of how our cake turned out..
Photobucket

Photobucket
Your idea made a 4 year old boy very very happy..

Thanks again
Laurie
I mean, how cool is that? Very cool. The strawberries look so dramatic on such a large cake, and for a strawberry lover, that is heaven on a plate. I asked Laurie if I could post her email and cake and she sweetly agreed. This is the secret dream of the blogger, that their little blog benefits somebody out there in the wide world.

Makes me feel all warm and gooey on the inside.

Comments

  1. Anonymous22/3/08 14:50

    How wonderful! You benefit me too. I hope this serious sugar fast will break soon and you are are on the cake wagonmaking band. Yipee!
    You need to benefit more peoples.

    Nice cake Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous22/3/08 20:47

    hello... do I not get any credit for thinking of the cake??? As I remember it I was laughed at...yes people...laughed at by the master cakester when I said white on white...I have been vindicated! Life is sweet...

    They will never laugh again. hahaha. (insert devilish laugh here). did I already say the bit about my vindication? yeah I did.

    what shall we do this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melinda, the sugar fast breaks tomorrow...please help me.

    And you benefit me too, Melinda. I am glad you found me in the blogosphere!

    Cookie, hello, did I not name the post after you and everything?

    And for the record, I didn't laugh at you, I rolled my eyes and complained. Big difference.

    What ARE we doing this year?? The time grows near, Cookie dear. Even the stooge who's queer, has no ideer.

    You better get on it. You're the oldest, you're supposed to be the bossy one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niiiiice! I'm not surprised. You do good work! :-) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous27/3/08 19:55

    I found your blog months ago while searching for cake recipes, and have since become a fan of both you and Rose Levy Beranbaum. I look all the time for updates and am glad your sugar fast will be over so I can see what you come up with next. Really fun, tasty experiments...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really?! Thanks for posting; it is really great to hear from all of you readers whom I don't know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came across your blog today, and I'm delighted! I am impressed and will come back often!

    I was walking by Rocco's pizza today by Powell's, and in a little store down the way I saw a poster for a Birthday Cake Contest on April 3 and was wondering if you knew anything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speaking of your ideas that help other people...

    I tried just the foil liners for my latest post. They worked great! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kitty, I will have to go look for the poster re the birthday cake contest--I couldn't find anytihng online about it. But thanks for the heads up! (And liking my little blog!)

    CaraCakes, yay, I'm glad the foil liners worked! Your cupcakes are hilarious!! Nice fondant decorations ;) I just noticed my link to your blog is all messed up--I'll change it straight away, sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts