Oregon Blues

After the Plum and Blueberry Upside Down cake post where several of you mentioned never seeing a blueberry bush before, I felt it my duty to introduce you to my favorite berry plant...

...and then I left my camera in the car. So I used my phone, and tried to fix the photos as best I could. So, meet your Oregon Blues!

row of blueberries
a nice row of blueberry bushes

blueberries!
this bush is a bit scraggly, but look at all the blueberries!  only a few in the top right corner of the photo are ripe enough to pick.

For more information on Oregon blueberries (somebody pay me for the free advertising) check out this website: Oregon-grown Blueberries, and check out this article on Oregon blueberry production written back in 2008.

maky.  back to cake.

Comments

  1. These are beautiful bushes! So jealous! Now, if you could introduce us to Marion berries I'd be much obliged. Nowhere to be found. I have it on good authority The Berry Man might have some at the Farmer's Market under the freeway Sunday. Why does this make me feel like I'm in an episode of Seinfeld?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts