The Baking Bible: Honey Cake for a Sweet New Year

Moist, flavorful, easy, delicious. The whiskey and orange juice are a wonderful combination. When all the liquids are combined, the orange-whiskey-coffee-vanilla aromas made us dream of delicious cocktails. Mixing the cake took seconds.


The top crust stuck a bit in the bundt, but since the recipe is supposed to bake in a tube pan, I was happy with the results. My dear college friend, Raiuchka, was in town so we got to share the cake with her.


I'm sorry I don't have more to say; it's been a long week and weekend! We love this cake!


Comments

  1. I loved it! My extra piece kept me company on the long drive home. Thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful - glad you got to enjoy it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to know that we can bake in bundt pan too! Your cake looks wonderfully moist too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great crumb and texture in the bundt pan! I may have to try it again with whiskey for the holidays. I thought Kahlua would be good in it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photographs said enough, what a beautiful bundt cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Made us dream of delicious cocktails!"--that's all you need to say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Made us dream of delicious cocktails!"--that's all you need to say.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found this lovely and aromatic too. I like your bundt pattern

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great. And yes, we loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very happy you loved the cake which by the way looks amazing, I love the pan..and yep I didnt had much to say on this one too! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No more needed to be said. You pretty much said it all. We felt the same way as you--we loved it too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts