The Baking Bible: Coconut Cupcakes with Milk Chocolate Ganache

Hello bakers! We moved, Eliot had a second birthday, I found most of my baking gear. Not in that order. But anyway, these cupcakes were so easy to make that I couldn't find an excuse to skip them. Plus, they only require egg whites so I got to break down a bit more of my egg white stash!

cupcake!
Here's some pictures, and for the record, we loved these cupcakes. I think I may have overbaked them a bit as they were a bit crumbly. I love the combination of coconut and chocolate. I've been meaning to check, but the recipe seems like it is pretty much the same as her basic white cupcake, just using coconut milk instead of cow's milk. I didn't have any coconut extract and the coconut flavor was mild but present. Like I said, we really enjoyed these.

getting ready to mix
ready to fill the cupcakes
cupcake filling setup
ready to bake, sloppy filling technique but we lived
baked! the last cupcake filled wasn't up to weight so i hid it in the middle
dipped in ganache. slightly bubbly. good thing i'm not a professional.
insides.

Comments

  1. They look so good! Still can't believe Elliot is two already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful and delicious indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to dipping them in the chocolate ganache, Nice pictures of the cupcakes step by step, I thought of dipping them in the ganache too but I decide to whip it up.

    http://maggiggie55.blogspot.ca/2016/03/coconut-cupcakes-with-milk-chocolate.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. the texture looks so exquisitely soft and fluffy. by the way, this year MY Elliott will be 80 years older than yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was very happy to use up some egg whites as well. They are bursting out of my freezer! Your cakes look great. And happy birthday to Eliot - he looks like a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts